GCFflyshop @ Forgue Fishery & New fly Collection.

 Well managed a day fishing on Sunday up at my not so local, local Forgue Fishery is located 36 miles from Aberdeen but well worth the 1-hour drive even though there are 3 or 4 fisheries closer.



When we got there the water was still a bit green with algae but still very fishable and a few fish were rising.

Myself and the son-in-law (Conner) decided to try the bung with an egg fly just under the surface with my second cast I had a nice Rainbow and Connor missed one after the other but that was it nothing much after that. So I decided to change to a dry fly set up with a Daddy on point and a CDC on the dropper and this was an instant hit but not fished dry I had to sink both of the flies and use varying speeds of retrieve from fast to dead slow.

I had fish after fish just on and off but managed to get up to 8 before they went off the feed so made the decision to stay on the floating line but pull a lure this took me about 10 minutes to decide what fly to use and in the end decided to use the John Deer lure as this has worked fantastically well at Forgue before and I hoped it would again.

Standard John Deer Lure


Blue Flash John Deer LureThis is not listed on the shop as of yet so if you want to order please contact me through Facebook.



When I was making the change Connor had already changed onto a lure and had started fishing and unknowing to me had put on the very same fly I was about to put on.

For me it was instant nice fish of about 3lb and just got hit after hit until I finished at 7:30 pm I landed up with 18 as for Connor he had 1 more on the lure then decided to change back to the egg fly under the bung and got a few more but far a few between.

With about an hour to go I shouted over to him telling him to change back to the same as me and when he did he started hitting fish again and landed up with 11 for his session not bad considering with less than an hour to go he only had 4.

While all this was going on my old man who had gone onto the intermediate line from the very start and stayed on it for the whole session and used the Deadly Old Man Fritz throughout the day and landed up with 16 and he was more than happy so with over 40 fish and loads of hit between us it was a great day spent with two guys I love spending time with.



We'll all that was on Sunday but yesterday I decided it's time I had a few options of fly collections to offer on my website and Facebook and the 1st one I have done is the standard mop fly collection a great selection of mops flies all are available individually at £1 each or as the collection costing £26 including the box on the website but ordered on my Facebook group it will only be £24 and with free postage for a limited time.



The collection consists of

3 x Yellow

3 x Orange

3 x White

3 x Chartreuse

3 x Pink

3 x Red

3 x Black

3 x Peach

1 x Box

This is the first of at least 4 or 5 boxed collections I will be tying up if I get time to do them that is lol. Keep an eye on my Facebook group #GCFflyshop for updates but the best way is to join my newsletter mailing list for regular updates you can do this on the following link.

Newsletter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCFflyshop 1st Blog

GCFflyshop @ Forgue

Trip to loch insch