Another great trip to Forgue Fishery.

GCFflies finally got out for a fishing trip over the weekend and once more Forgue fishery did not let us down.



We got to the water at about 9a,m and already there were two guys fishing at the far end of the Horseshoe pond for those that don't know that's the pond on the right-hand side of the hut. The water was high in each pond, but that's exactly what I expected due to the rain we have had over the last few weeks.

But most importantly it was jin clear and there were a few fishing moving,( more likely taking buzzers) my first thought when I got there was to go a bit deeper and use the intermediate because it was quite cold and only sitting at about 4-5° on a small thermometer I had. But seeing the fish moving I decided I needed to have a closer look at the water before deciding what method I would use.



When I stood at the water for about 5 minutes it was like a millpond not a breath of wind on the water so I could see loads of trout just cruising past and they were only about 2ft under so that changed my mind so instead of pulling a lure I would put on the bung and fish two flies a bumble bee egg and a white and orange mop fly.



I set the bumble egg fly on the dropper(have had great success on this fly), at about 2ft down and a white & orange mop fly (that's also worked in the past) set it at about 4 feet and it was instant 1st cast fish on fish about 3lb in the net happy days relief it's not going to be a blank.




The 1st fish was on the bumble bee and I thought it won't be long before I will get one on the mop fly but no wasn't until late on that I got one on the mop it just shows even if it's cold the fish can still be high in the water.


I got to 10 before I decided to change and have a go that pulling a lure and as my son-in-law was getting hit after hit on one of my green & black barred bunny leeches I decided to put on one but low and behold my box had none of them strange why I tie flies for a living but never seem to have any in my box lol.

Not listed in the shop yet so contact me for more info.

Ok so no black leeches so I thought I will put one of my new white & blue bunny on but cast after can I got nothing not even a bump and still, my son-in-law was hitting them ok not hooking them but at least he was getting interest but not only that he gave my old man one and he started getting hit after hit So I gave up and went back on the bung and landed up with 17.


My old man ended the afternoon on 10 great considering he only fished for about 3 hours think most of them were on the black Bunny, Connor had 13 with most on the bunny as well as some on the mojito egg, and as for myself well after going back on the bung I started getting fish on both flies even a double on for a few seconds (see video) I landed up with 17 once more fantastic to be out at my favorite fishery Fourge with a great bunch of like-minded guy's.

My short-lived double hook-up.

I managed to meet up again with Albert Ross this guy is a legend giving up his own time and money to try and make the hut a more welcoming warm place for us all to enjoy Albert has now put up a nice welcome to Fourge fishery singe and myself and Connor have made ourself available to put up the new flume for the fire range (when he gets it) this will mean a fire heating the hut and you will be able to cook some sausages, burgers whatever you want but most importantly or have a kettle boiled.


It was also great to see two young kids up fishing with their dad (sorry never got your name) and catching fish without kids we have no future for the sport we all love and by the way Bob the fishery owner gives kids up to 10 free fishing so no excuses get your kids fishing.


I also met a man sorry I either forgot to ask your name or I have forgotten what it was my apologies but you had a nice rainbow that we estimated to be about 5lb and it put up a great fight like 99% of the fish at Fourge dose. It was fantastic chatting with you and also made a new customer so could not ask for more.


One last thing it was great to see Kevin Sim up having a great time on the rainbows and using his time to fish my flies he has written up his 1st blog for me and has been posted on his blogging group why not go on over and check it out.


Thanks for taking the time to check out my latest blog sorry for waffling on and once more I apologize if I have used poor grammar but that's what having dyslexia does lol

Connor With Cold fingers lol
Connor landed a nice Rainbow.


Another nice Rainbow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCFflyshop 1st Blog

GCFflyshop @ Forgue