GCFflyshop @ Forgue Fishery

 Once more Forgue fishery delivered again.

I had the great pleasure of being joined up at the fishery yesterday by two of my customers/friends  David Secker and Colin Adam two great guys and great fishermen as well.

The fishing started off a bit slow but soon picked up I started with the John Deer lure on the intermediate and mixed the retrieve up some time fast some time dead slow and was getting hit after hit but everyone was taking short did take a bit off the tail of the fly hoping it would help but like normally happens the fish stop chasing it as it’s the great movement of the long tail that attracts them.



Whilst I was fishing the John Deer my son-in-law (Connor) had put on one of my bung flies and put on a bumblebee egg and had instant interest taking two fish in two casts and nice 2-3lb fish at that.



Once more I did more talking than fishing for a start but I think it’s all part of fishing nothing better than a good blether with likeminded guy’s lol

We had the great pleasure of helping a guy and his grandson out (I am so sorry I totally forgot to ask your name) I set the young man up with the bung with a Mojito egg and after a wee bit of coaching he hooked and landed a nice fish of about 2lb the smile on his face made my day lol

So back to our fishing Connor was getting fish throughout the day on either the Mojito egg, Fruit salad egg but mostly on the bumblebee so I changed on to the bung and stuck on a bumblebee egg and it was instant fish on and this carried on the rest of the afternoon either on the Bumblebee or the mojito egg the fish just kept on coming.


Connor carried on with the bung right up to the end and his personal best of 14 was broken and he was over the moon he ended up with 19 and had one fish we recon was about 5-6lb.

As for me at about 5.30pm I went back on the John Deer on the intermediate but this time they were not taking short they were taking the fly properly and my last hour was fantastic sport, in the end, I had 27 that two weekends in a row I have had 27.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and please comment and share with all your fishing buddies.

Davie: GCFflyshop









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCFflyshop 1st Blog

GCFflyshop @ Forgue

Trip to loch insch