GCFflyshop @ Forgue


 

Well once more Forgue Fishery did not disappoint and it was fantastic to see so many others out enjoying the fishing, scenery, and the weather pity the latter was just a bit bright and warm for the fishing lol.

I had arranged to meet up with Sarah Watson and her 17-year-old son Josh to try and give him some help to start him on his fly fishing journey.

Well let me tell you it did not take long and Josh was able to start casting and within 5 minutes he had hooked, Panicked and lost his very first rainbow on the fly it was funny to see the panic then the disappointment on his face when he lost it.

I hope Josh sticks to the fly fishing as we so need young blood into our great sport of fly fishing and hope to see Josh in the next few weeks to see if he has taken in some of the help I gave him and his casting has improved and we can get him a fish and land it this time lol.

AS for my fishing well with helping Josh and having some great chats with other’s I only landed up with 8 but who cares the fish are the extra bonus it’s the place and the atmosphere that makes my day out.

One last thing I am not a trained teacher in the art of fly fishing but I have 45 years of fly fishing experience and nothing makes me happier than helping others to learn our great sport.

So if you want some help with your fly fishing all you need to do is ask and I will be only too happy to help also if you don’t have a rod and reel I have 2 starter kits that I will happily take with me for you to use.

Thanks

Davie

GCFflyshop

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GCFflyshop 1st Blog

Another great trip to Forgue Fishery.